Just noticed that I have not updated my blog since Mercer Island Half marathon last year(March 23rd 2014). That was the last race before my surgery and was the day before I joined zulily. Need to spend more time on my blog so hence things change starting today… First post of the year coming next…
This is one of the most beautiful hotels I have stayed at. Actually after staying here I am inspired to start reviewing hotels on the blog.
This is a modern hotel, looks beautiful, has amazing art and staff is really good. Best part was you could not see the staff around at all but they were there when we needed something. It has an amazing pool with hot tub on 5th floor. It is expensive but totally worth it. It has a 5 diamond award.
More about the concept behind the hotel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangri-La
We had promised kids that we will take them to Disney land for their 4th birthday. We headed there just 2 days after I resigned from Microsoft(that story later). We had great time. It was great to spend so much time with Kids and see Disneyland through their eyes. Especially both kids had tons of fun, Abhi loved wild rides and Arni enjoyed street shows, some rides and most important was parades with princesses.
My first half marathon of 2014.
Power BI for Office 365 is now available. It is pretty cool check it out at www.powerbi.com. Power BI allows you too
- Quickly create collaborative BI sites – enable anyone to quickly create a collaborative BI site to share workbooks containing data and insights.
- Keep reports up to date with scheduled data refresh – reports that have been saved to the cloud can now connect back to on-premises data sources to refresh the data and stay up to date.
- Manage data queries for the team – share not only workbooks but also the data queries created in Power Query for Excel. Team members can now build and manage data queries for others to use when creating their own reports.
- Maintain a Data Catalog of searchable data – IT departments can now use the Data Catalog feature to make it easier for everyone to find and connect to corporate data by searching for it from within Excel.
- Ask questions of your data in natural language – with the Q&A features people can type questions they have of the data in natural language and the system will interpret the question and present answers in the form of interactive visualizations.
- Stay connected with mobile access to your reports – stay connected from anywhere with new HTML5 support and the Power BI windows app.
Author: Malcolm Gladwell
I did not enjoy David and Goliath as much as Malcolm’s previous books. The gist of the book is many time we think about something as a negative/disadvantage but actually it is not. Underdogs succeed because they have advantages which we fail to see. Examples in the book were covering varied topics and sometimes did not feel like had a good theme/rhythm. If you like Malcolm’s other books you will enjoy this one too but it is not as good as Outliers or Tipping Point.