When I started this year I would never have imagined this will be the year that will bring sooo many changes in my life. 2010 was huge as it brought 2 angels in our lives but 2011 changed my perspective to life…
Health: I started this year with 7 resolutions and Theme: Adopt healthy life style. You can read the original post here. At the end of the year I can say I did pretty well. Lost 40lbs, my diabetes is gone and am fittest ever in my life.
Work: I also changed my job and took a big step by moving to a new division still in Microsoft but it is like a new company and new job so I start from scratch again. Should be a fun ride in 2012.
Giving: 2011 was the year I got involved in the community and started giving. I should correct that, my first donation ever was to Obama campaign in 2008. But I got involved with Team and Training and started raising money for cancer cure supporting LLS. I raised around 4-5k this year with more than 1k from me. Which is huge for me. I hope I can continue this and grow it in 2012.
Overall was a great year… Now review of my 2011 resolutions…
- Hit the Gym at least 3 times a week – PASS
- Read at least 1 book every 2 months – FAIL
- Write at least one blog post every week – PASS
- Write some code every week – FAIL
- Get credit card debt to 0 and payoff one more debt – FAIL
- Either run the Seattle marathon or bike from Seattle to Portland – PASS(Did run 2 half’s maybe I can count them as one)
- Start one weekly external activity with Swati – FAIL
Time to write my 2012 resolutions…