I found this interesting article on market share between IE and Firefox. I have been using both for last few months I surely liked Firefox but after seeing IE7.0 I think I am indifferent between them. Intersting numbers though Firefox’s share was 8.07 percent in June 2005, while IE grew its market slice was 87.20 percent in July.
This week I was in Seattle on a business trip. Swati accompanied me too. It was really hectic week din’t get much time to enjoy except on Saturday but this post is not about what we saw/did in Seattle that is for another post. So what is this post about… U know sometimes everything just starts with a mess but it ends well.That is the time u start believing in LUCK So here are some of my experiences this week.
1. I land at Seattle airport. I go to baggage claim to collect my bag and it is not there. So I file a case for lost baggage. I am tensed. I have an presentation in 3 hours and have all my RFID equipment in the checked in baggage. Not knowing what to do I start walking towards rental car counter to atleast pickup my car. What do I see? At rental car counter next to mine(national car) at Advantange car rental I see my bag with other bags. I rush to it and request the guys standing next to the bag to check the name on the bag(I am sure it is mine but how do u say that). The guy has no problem and shows me the tag and says it is his as his last name is “SEAY” and the tag has SEA as the name. I told him SEA is the airport code for Seattle airport and all bags have SEA as on the tag and on the other side my name is printed. He is surprised and asks me where is his bag? He found it waiting for him next to the conveyer belt. Luckily I got it back.. Checkout the odds of that happening to u that to just before a meetiing with Microsoft. Man….
2. Next day on wednesday. I have a meeting scheduled between my new CEO, VP and MS guys. It is suppose to start at 8:30. I left hotel at 7:40am but at 8:15 I am still in my car stuck in bumper to bumper trafic. My VP is calling me to check where I was and when I will arrive. This is my first meetign with my new CEO in it. What an impression am I creating? I arrived 10 minutes late(I am never late for my meetings)..:( But the meeting went so well it overrided my late coming. offff…
3. On wednesday evening I decide to add few more features to my demo after returning to the hotel. I realise I forgot my power cord to the device in MS office noway I can get it now. I have to reach office early next day and work on stuff.
4. I reach office early like 7:45 and start working on the device and tested few things and I realize I forgot my RFID tags in hotel. I run back to hotel which was like 20-25 minutes drive. So finally I get back around 9:15 or so. My ppt was around 11:30. I still had time and got everthing up and running the ppt and demo was flawless. I loved it.
5. We are returning back to Raleigh. I am a gold medalion member of Delta so they give me an upgrade to first class in flight but not to Swati. I am not sure what to do. So I call delta customer service they say they cannot do anything talk to ground staff. I reach airport early and ask at checkin counter where an arrogant agent tell me it is not possible. Flight is full and she cannot do anything. Next I go to the gate and again request them to check what can be done and same awnser.. Flight is full.. SO mentally I am prepared to exchange the my first class seat with the person sitting next to Swati. I board the flight. and in 2 minutes Gate agent comes in and tell me one person did not show up in first class and Swati will also be upgraded to first class… Finally we sit together and reached Raleigh today morning.
What a Week…. Wasn’t it.. How offen is ur luck so good…. I really think I was very lucky….
Here is out snap from Seattle…
A group of alumni, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their old university professor. Conversation soon turned into complaints about stress in work and life. Offering his guests coffee, the professor went to the kitchen and returned with a large pot of coffee and an assortment of cups - porcelain, plastic, glass, crystal, some plain looking, some expensive, some exquisite - telling them to help themselves to hot coffee.
When all the students had a cup of coffee in hand, the professor said:
"If you noticed, all the nice looking expensive cups were taken up, leaving behind the plain and cheap ones. While it is but normal for you to want only the best for yourselves, that is the source of your problems and stress.
What all of you really wanted was coffee, not the cup, but you consciously went for the best cups and were eyeing each other's cups.
Now if life is coffee, then the jobs, money and position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold and contain Life, but the quality of Life doesn't change. Some times, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
So, don't let the cups drive you... enjoy the coffee instead.
Have a great day!
Today is N’s birthday. Happy birthday N. She is one of the people in this world, I really care about. In life u see some people and u know that person is going to be special. Some people u meet first time and u know u are going to be close friends. Nowadays I am not in touch with N. Every year on this day I remember her and feel bad that we are not in touch.
N or Dr N to be precise. I met her first time in Niit NP Mumbai. Din’t even speak to her then. But we met again in Niit Santacruz after 6-7 months that was unexpected. We were in same class. After that we became close friends. Atleast I considered her to be a very close friend. Am not sure if she did. We got jobs in SEEPZ after our classes were over.
Then one day she called and told us she was going to US. That was a shock. Never expected her to go to US. Especially with her daughter to move to US was unexpected. She was always suppose to be around. But she left. That was it. Then no contact for months. She is just that way.
Then one day N called me from US at 2:00am I was half sleep. I was surprised. She was in tears I could feel it. She asked me if I believe in Siddhivinayak and I said yes ofcourse. She requested me to go there and pray for her. She said she was facing lot of personal problems. She din’t give details and I din’t even ask. I guess friends don’t need to know details. U just understand each other. I felt really bad. I could not sleep. I felt so helpless. Even if I wanted to be next to her it was impossible. I could not afford it. So I promised myself that day I will make sure there will not be a time in life where money will be a reason for me not to be next to a friend. A friend so close yet so far.
Actually that day I made up my mind to come to US. I am still here N returned back long back. I met her once in NJ and then once at her residence in pune. We talked for couple of hours while in Pune. I still remember that time. I wish she is doing fine. I wish she and Chilu are happy where ever they are.
Take care N.